We see the world through our eyes, which makes it very important to take consideration of our eye health.
The greatest blessing of the creator of the man is the gift of vision. Our eyes open the window to the world. We are well aware that how beautiful this organ is. So is the need of maintaining our eye health to prevent it from eye disorders and various infections.
There are various healthy foods (vegetarian and non vegetarian) available and simple yoga or exercises to improve our eye health.
But the easiest way to work towards better eye health is including nutritious foods in our diet like a variety of proteins, dairy, fruits, and vegetables. There are some particular vegetarian foods which aids our eye health. These can be consumed by both vegetarian and non vegetarian people. Some of these foods are –
- Almonds are well known that almonds and other nuts and seeds, are good for eye health. Almonds contain vitamin E. This vitamin helps to protect against some unstable molecules that target healthy tissues. Eating almonds on daily basis can prevent cataracts. Other nuts and seeds that contain vitamin E are sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, and peanuts which also improve eye health.
- Dairy products such as milk and yogurt can prove to be really good for the eyes. They are rich in vitamin A and the mineral zinc. Vitamin A protects the cornea while zinc helps bring the vitamin to the eyes from the liver. Zinc helps with night vision as well as prevents against cataracts.
- Carrots are very popularly known to be good for eye health. Also, it is a substitute of egg yolks for vegans as carrots have vitamin A and beta carotene. These nutrients help to prevent eye infections and other serious eye disorders.
- Kale contains so many important vitamins and minerals that it is extremely good for eye health. Kale has the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin which may help to prevent serious eye conditions like cataracts. Lutein and zeaxanthin are not naturally present in the body. So they must be consumed through our diet. Other vegetables high in lutein are red peppers and spinach.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits like blueberries are rich in vitamin C, which improves eye health. The vitamin contributes to healthy blood vessels in the eyes. It can fight against the cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Bell Peppers are nutritional food that can help to reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration. Moreover, they are a good source of vitamins A and C which naturally takes care of the eyes.
- Broccoli is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, which is very imperative for healthy eyes. You can add the green broccoli, in any way like sautéed, steamed or just raw in your diet.
- Spinach – We all know that the green and leafy vegetables are good for our eyes. Spinach is one of them, containing high volume of lutein, which prevents cell damage. Secondly, lutein makes our eye muscles stronger reducing the risks of eye infections.
- Sweet potatoes have hoard of many vitamins essential for eyes. These are vitamin A, beta carotene, potassium, vitamin C etc. All these nutrients severe different functions. Overall, sweet potatoes prevent eye damage and help to restore the damaged eye cells.
Therefore, a healthy diet is must for good eye health. Maintaining a diet high in antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C can prevent the serious eye conditions and ensure that your eyes stay healthy. Including these super foods in your diet on regular basis will definitely result in sound eye health and better life. Start eating today.