If you want a zealous start of your day, simply go for herbal teas. If you want to nourish your health, again go for herbal teas.
From centuries, tea is regarded as one of the health inducing brew. People all over the world are aware of the unimaginative benefits of different types of herbal teas. Herbal teas are wholesome drinks which one can take at different times of the day like morning, afternoon or evening. Basically, herbal teas are the mixture of several types of herbs, spices or any other plant material in hot water. Their key feature, making them a nutritious drink is that, they are free of caffeine. Caffeine is a drug obtained from plants, which is found in other tea variants. As we know that excess of everything is bad, caffeinated drinks/teas negatively affects our health. Simply, it can cause insomnia, anxiety, increase in blood pressure etc.
The magical alternate to caffeinated teas are herbal teas. Herbal teas are different from true teas like black, green, white and yellow tea.
Most herbal teas are a hoard of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients depending on the ingredients of a tea. Universal health benefits can be relaxing the body and mind, fighting insomnia, providing protection against common diseases, boosting the immunity and digestive system as well as detoxifying the body.
Variants And Perks Of herbal Teas Are:
There are more than a hundred varieties of herbal tea. Some of them with Health benefits of Tea are:
- Chamomile Tea – It has a wide range of benefits from improving the symptoms of arthritis, skin irritation to treat sunburn, cough, bronchitis, cold or fever. Firstly, chamomile tea is helpful to cure insomnia. It helps in boosting the digestive system and treating the inflammation of the mouth. Chamomile tea can improve the condition of premenstrual syndrome and type-2 diabetes by maintaining blood glucose level.
- Peppermint Tea – It is useful in treating cramps, loose motions or constipation. Peppermint tea also stimulates the immune system. Other than this, it is a treasure of antioxidant, anti cancerous, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It helps in treatment of nausea and intestinal spasms.
- Thyme Tea– Thyme is an herb which is known for breaking fevers. Thyme tea helps to fight against various health issues like digestive disorders, bronchitis, sore throat, whooping cough and arthritis. It is effective in reducing high blood pressure and boosting the immunity.
- Ginger Root Tea – Ginger has disease-fighting antioxidants which curb nausea, vomiting and stimulating the digestion and immunity. Ginger tea also helps prevent stomach ulcers and provide relief to constipation and period pain. Ginger tea is beneficial for people with diabetes, as it can control blood sugar levels and blood lipid levels.
- Turmeric Tea – Turmeric tea helps to stimulate antioxidant activity in the body which can prevent Alzheimer. It has anti-inflammatory properties which provide relief to arthritic patients. Turmeric tea also helps to prevent cancer, lowers the LDL (bad cholesterol) level. This drink soothes the motion and promotes good digestion.
- Rosemary Tea– Primarily, rosemary tea is famous for its medicinal qualities. Next to this, rosemary leaves acts as a digestive agent and helps to cure gall bladder, liver ailments, cough or mild asthma. Above all it is abundant in antioxidants helping to protect the body from heart diseases and cancer.
- Lemongrass Tea– Lemongrass is an herb which cures digestive problems. It has a component called citral which has strong anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. Lemongrass tea has surplus vitamins and minerals like potassium, iron and magnesium. Potassium is highly potent in controlling heart rate and blood pressure. On the other hand iron improves the blood count and prevents blood related disorder.
Sum and Substances
Basically, herbal teas are available in a wide variety of flavors which are naturally free of caffeine, sugar and calories. They have potential health-promoting effects. Drinking herbal teas can prove to be the most convenient way to reach two prime goals of humans. Firstly, it naturally improves the health and secondly it is a delicious and refreshing brew. Overall, take up this habit and see the magic happen to your health. But, they should not be consumed without consulting a doctor.