Oral hygiene is very important but in today’s fast paced life we are neglecting the time to be devoted to it.
Here are some of the tips for adults as well as kids to maintain a proper oral hygiene:
Hygiene tips for Adults
Brush your teeth with toothbrush and toothpaste twice a day to help keep your teeth and mouth healthy.
- Brush at least twice a day. Once in the morning before you eat/drink anything and once before you sleep in the night.
- Brush for at least 2 minutes in order to effectively clean your teeth and mouth.
- Clean your teeth every time you brush. This removes any excess plaque and odor-causing bacteria.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack-the extra saliva produced during a meal helps rinse food from the mouth.
- Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months, even if you do not face any serious problems. Regular visits allow your dentist to find early signs of disease.
- Hygiene Tips for Kids
- Never forget to brush at night. Germs never sleep and will cause damage while you snooze.
- Brush every single tooth- dentists recommend brushing for two minutes as this gives you enough time to reach each one.
- Use a suitable toothbrush for kids they tend to have a small head, easy to grip handle and soft bristles. Choose the brush with your child so that they can pick their favorite colour and are more likely to get excited about brushing.
- Try to avoid sugary snacks in between meals whenever possible
- Take your children to the dentist every six months if possible, even if their teeth don’t hurt .This will help avoid development of decay and gum problem